One of South Africa’s leading media groups established in 1994, Primedia was listed on the JSE in 1995 and following a successful private equity transaction, their listing was terminated in 2007. Primedia has a broad portfolio of broadcasting and out-of-home assets, covering a wide range of advertising opportunities and digital industries. Its brands span traditional and non-traditional media and reach the entire consumer spectrum.
Operations are divided into several segments including broadcasting, entertainment, digital, advertising, marketing, sports advertising, sponsorships and promotions.
MIC transaction overview
- In 2006, initial investment in Highveld Stereo, entering Primedia at an asset level
- In March 2000, MIC acquired an interest in the listed ordinary shares of Primedia
- In September 2007, Primedia delisted in a LBO
- May 2008: MIC further invested in Primedia
- In July 2010, MIC further invested in Primedia
- The MIC owns 21.7% of Primedia
Our mission is to provide more than just funding – as active equity partners we are not only providers of capital, but also offer strategic, board-level guidance on corporate governance and transformation.