South Africa’s leading vehicle tracking company complements its core business of tracking and stolen vehicle recovery with a range of sophisticated fleet management and telematics services. Their radio frequency and GSM-GPS networks cover South Africa and several neighbouring countries Their operations are divided into three segments, namely Tracker Retrieve, Tracker Alert and Skytrax (Fleet and Execufleet).
MIC transaction overview
- In December 2001, MIC acquired an interest in the ordinary share capital of the company
- In August 2006, Mobile Data and Tracker merged
- In October 2011, Actis, MIC, RMBV and management acquired the majority stake from Wesbank, Remgro and other sellers, allowing the MIC to increase its stake
- The MIC owns 30% of Tracker
DNI is a leading distributor of pre-paid airtime, mobile subscriber starter packs and sim cards, as well as handsets to emerging consumers in South Africa. The company also owns a significant interest in a range of digital technology platforms which include micro-jobbing, training, airtime advance, SMS aggregation and service delivery platforms in the mobile connectivity space.
- MIC Investment Holdings acquired 25.1% of DNI’s shares in a transaction valued at approximately R760 million and was concluded on 1 April 2020 following the sale and buy back of NET1’s remaining 27.5% interest in DNI.
Our mission is to provide more than just funding – as active equity partners we are not only providers of capital, but also offer strategic, board-level guidance on corporate governance and transformation.